2003-2014 Volvo Truck VN Series Windshield Replacement
The Volvo VN Series is the workhorse of the long haul trucks. These premium trucks have a one-piece windshield designed to improve the drivers visibility. Available sleeper and daycab models cover a wide range of highway applications. The windshields are gasket set, no urethane adhesive is used.
There are two different windshields available for the Volvo VN
- Standard windshield
- Windshield with heated wiper park area
The windshield replacement process is the same for both options. The truck shown is a 2010 Volvo VN Series with a standard windshield.
This is a very large and heavy windshield almost 6ft across, requiring two technicians to replace properly. After removal of the broken glass, install the gasket onto the new windshield while on the glass rack. The windshield gasket is usually reused on the new windshield. If it is cold outside, let the gasket warm in the sun. This will make it much easier to mold and fit correctly.
One of the nice perks about a gasket set windshield is once installed the vehicle is ready to drive. There is no “cure time” since no urethane was used for the installation.
Volvo Truck Windshield Replacement Service Locations:
- Austin, TX – Volvo VN Windshield Replacement
- Dallas, TX – Volvo VN Windshield Replacement
- San Antonio, TX – Volvo VN Windshield Replacement
Abbey Rowe Auto Glass offers same day mobile service directly to your location. As a commercial transport tuck we know how important it is to keep your Volvo Truck in top condition.
If you do need a windshield replacement, Abbey Rowe Auto Glass has you covered.
- We will provide a free mobile service. All of our service trucks are “mobile shops” fully equipped to handle any windshield replacement in the field.
- Lifetime warranty that covers the installation and workmanship.
- OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and OEE (Original Equipment Equivalent) parts
- Professional installers