2008 – 2015 Dodge Challenger Windshield Replacement
The Dodge Challenger was introduced in 1970 to compete with the muscle cars from Ford and Chevrolet. The first generation only had a lifespan of 4 years, ending production in 1974. The second generation (1978-1983) most people don’t remember. It was identical to the Plymouth Sapporo. Lacking the muscle it came with a small four-cylinder engine.
In 2008, the Challenger debuted at the Chicago Auto Show. Completely redesigned, taking cues from the first generation muscle era. The new Dodge Challenger was a instant success.
The auto glass for latest Challenger is all the same. Although, new options were introduced for different years. This 2015 Challenger has 3 different windshield options that greatly effect the replacement cost.
- Windshield W/Third Visor Frit – Plain windshield that has a black dot pattern that comes down around the rear-view mirror and acts like a “third visor.” This is the most affordable windshield replacement, costing $200-$250
- Windshield W/Third Visor Frit, Silhouette in Lower Paint Band and Humidity Sensor – A sensor attached to the windshield behind the rear-view mirror will detect moisture on the inside of the glass and activate the Automatic Climate Controls. This replacement windshield only comes from MOPAR and costs $400-$450.
- Windshield W/Third Visor Frit, Humidity Sensor, Rain Sensor and Silhouette in Lower Paint Band – Same as above with the addition of a rain sensing windshield wipers. A optical sensor attached to the windshield. It uses infrared light beamed at a 45-degree angle into the windshield which reflects back — if the glass is wet, less light returns to the sensor, and the windshield wipers wipers turn on. Prices range from $425-$475.
Dodge Challenger Windshield Replacement Service Locations:
- Austin, TX – Dodge Challenger Windshield Replacement
- Dallas, TX – Dodge Challenger Windshield Replacement
- San Antonio, TX – Dodge Challenger Windshield Replacement
Abbey Rowe Auto Glass – The Right Way, Right Away.
If you do need Auto Glass Replacement, Abbey Rowe Auto Glass has you covered.
- We will provide a free mobile service. All of our service trucks are “mobile shops” fully equipped to handle any Auto Glass Replacement in the field.
- Lifetime warranty that covers the installation and workmanship.
- OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and OEE (Original Equipment Equivalent) parts
- Professional installers
- We work directly with all major insurance companies
- All forms of payment accepted. Debit/Credit, Cash or Check.